Masoor Dal With Green Mango
- 1 cup Green Mango (chopped)
- 1 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder (Jeera)
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 2 dry Red Chilly (Saboot Lal Mirch)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Wash the dal and sauté it with turmeric powder, salt and the sugar. Add mangoes to it, a part of the ginger, cumin powder and the garam masala powder. Mix well with water and let it cook.
- Remove from fire when the dal is cooked.
- Now heat some ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds until they splutter. Now add the remaining ginger, curry leaves, slit green chilies and the broken red chilies fry for 2 mins over low flame.
- Pour this over the cooked dal and serve hot.