|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 pound small Potatoes (scrubbed)
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg White
- 1 cup Almonds (chopped)
- Water (as required)
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and add enough water to cover them.
- Boil the potatoes for 20 to 30 minutes till they turn tender.
- Drain the potatoes and cool them slightly. Thereafter peel and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grind the almonds in a food processor to a fine powder.
- Add sugar and process again.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add potatoes and mash to form a thick paste.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Roll each ball into chopped almonds and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush each cookie with egg white.
- Repeat with other balls.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes till the cookie tops are brown.
- Remove and place them on a plate.
- Refrigerate until served. The cookies should be spongy on eating.