|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- ½ Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ½ Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ½ small Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can peeled and diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (6 oz) can Tuna (drained)
- ½ tsp White Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- A pinch of Nutmeg (ground)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Place the pine nuts in a dry skillet and toast them on medium heat for 5 minutes until you can smell the fragrance.
- Remove from heat and leave aside to cool.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and heat cooking oil.
- Add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 10 minutes till the mixture turns soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tuna, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes further and add pine nuts. Stir.
- Serve hot.