Delicious Ham and Potato Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 cups Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 3/4 cup Cooked Ham (diced)
- 1/3 cup Celery (diced)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Chicken Granules
- 1 tsp Ground White Or Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 3 1/4 cups Water
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through.
- Serve immediately.