German Hot Noodle Salad
- 2 cups Egg noodles (wide)
- 3 Bacon strips
- 1/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 1/8 tsp Mustard (ground)
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Crumble and keep aside.
- Sauté onion until tender. Mix in sugar, flour, salt and mustard. Add water and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse and drain noodles; add to the skillet.
- Stir in celery and parsley; heat through.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Serve warm.