Sweet Potato Chaat
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes (boiled, peeled and cut into cubes)
- 3 medium Potatoes (boiled, peeled and cut into cubes)
- 2-3 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 marble-sized Tamarind (Imli)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds. When they begin to splutter, add the potatoes and the sweet potatoes and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Transfer it in a big bowl and keep aside.
- Add chopped green chillies, salt, chaat masala and red chilli powder to the potatoes and toss.
- In a small bowl, soak tamarind in water and microwave on high for two minutes. Squeeze out the pulp.
- Add the tamarind pulp, sugar and chopped coriander leaves into the potatoes and toss again.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and mix lightly.