Polish Rice Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 cups long grain White Rice
- 6 cups Skim Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Half-and-Half Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
- ½ cup Golden Raisins
- Place a saucepan on fire and mix together rice, milk and salt. Stir frequently and cook slowly till the entire liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Take a large bowl and combine together butter and cream cheese.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Mix eggs, half and half, and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix well until well blended.
- Add this mixture to the cooled rice mixture.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add raisins and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour.
- Allow the cake to stand for another 1 hour before removing from the pan.