Grilled Chicken Salad with Seasonal Fruit
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- ½ cup Pecans
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Onion (minced)
- 1 tsp Mustard (ground)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp White Pepper (ground)
- 2 heads Bibb Lettuce (rinsed, dried and torn)
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- Preheat the grill on high heat.
- Oil the grill grate lightly.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grate grill for 8 minutes on each side till the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken and cool. Slice thereafter.
- Place a dry skillet on medium-high heat and roast pecans until fragrant for about 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the pecans from heat and keep aside.
- Combine together red wine vinegar, white sugar, vegetable oil, onion, mustard, salt and white pepper in a food processor. Blend them to a smooth paste.
- Arrange Bibb lettuce on a serving plate.
- Place the grilled chicken slices on top.
- Add strawberries and pecans.
- Drizzle the vinegar dressing over the salad and serve.
- The strawberries can be replaced with blueberries, raspberries or blackberries in summer while in winters, you can use orange slices.