- 6-8 slices White Bread
- 1 medium Potato (boiled and diced)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Cut the bread slices into small cubes without crumbling them.
- In a wok (kadhai) heat oil and add a pinch of asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and cook till it starts to splutter.
- Add onion to it and sauté for some time till pink. Add boiled potatoes to it and sauté again.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well. Toss in the bread and mix again without breaking them. Cook for 2 minutes. You can add a little water to it if required.
- Add lemon juice, green chillies and coriander leaves and toss.
- Serve hot.