- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 250 g Cottage Cheese (Paneer) (cubed)
- 1 medium Potatoes (cubed)
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric (powder)
- 1 tsp Ginger (paste)
- 2 - 3 Green Chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed (paste)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala (powder)
- 1 cup Water
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the potatoes.
- Fry the paneer in the same oil and dip them in warm water to make them tender.
- Now heat some ghee in a pan and add some cumin seeds. Let them splutter. To this add the cumin paste mixed with a little water, ginger juice and turmeric powder. Stir fry for 2 miutes.
- To this, mix the potatoes, green chilies, garam masala powder, sugar, salt and cover and stir fry till the potatoes are tender.
- Add the milk and the remaining water and allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Chanar dalna is ready to be served.