|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 1/3 cups Shortening (melted)
- 5 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ oz Anise Extract
- 1¼ cups White Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 72 Almonds (blanched)
- Preheat oven to 250 °F (120 °C).
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together flour, white sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add shortening and mix well until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Add anise seed and knead for 5 minutes to form soft dough.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Place an almond on top of each cookie and slightly push it in.
- Bake the cookies for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for another 30 minutes before serving them.