Polish Apple Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
- 6 medium Apples
- ¼-½ cup Sugar
- Lemon Juice (as required)
- ¾ cup Raisins
- ¾ cup Almonds (toasted)
- For Dough:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Flax Seed Meal (ground)
- ½ cup Oil
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ cup Oats (quick cooking)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Almond Extract
- Cinnamon (ground, optional)
- Chop the apples and place them in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar and mix well.
- Pour some lemon juice on top of the apples. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Combine together flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add cinnamon to taste.
- Take a separate bowl and mix eggs, flax meal, oil and almond extract well.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well to form dough.
- Add the dough to the apples.
- Add almonds and raisins. Mix well till the apples are incorporated into the dough.
- Transfer the mixture into a 15x10 inch baking pan. Smooth the top so that it is flat.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour till the top is lightly browned.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool in the pan.