French Shrimp Salad
- 3/4 lb Shrimp (cooked, peeled and deveined)
- 1 lb Asparagus (fresh)
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 6 Artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 cup French dressing
- 2 Eggs (boiled, chopped)
- 6 Parsley (sprigs, fresh)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until soft. Remove and cool under cold water. Keep six stalks and cut remaining asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Clean and cook shrimp. Keep the best six and chop the remaining.
- In a bowl, mix shrimp, asparagus; mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Take a separate bowl and marinate the artichoke hearts in 1 cup French dressing.
- Lay shrimp and asparagus in an attractive shallow bowl. Garnish with chopped egg and arrange the remaining asparagus on top to resemble the spokes of a wheel.
- Drain the artichoke bottoms and garnish each with a dollop of mayonnaise, 1 whole shrimp and 1 parsley sprig. Arrange them around the salad.