- 1 cup Sugar
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp Soda bi Carbonate
- 1/2 kg Sweet Potatoes
- 9-10 Raisins
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Refined flour
- Begin by making a syrup of one thread consistency with the sugar and 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Now, wash and boil the sweet potatoes with as little water as possible.
- Drain, peel, and mash.
- Sieve the flour and the soda, knead in ghee.
- Mix in it the sweet potatoes and knead again.
- In case the mixture feels soft, mix in a little more flour.
- Make lime size crack free balls and stuff one raisin in each.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- When the oil begins to smoke, take it off the heat, and drop in a few balls at a time.
- Now put it on medium heat and fry till golden brown.
- Remove and put the balls in the syrup and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Serve warm or cold.