Plum Quick Bread
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Lemon Peel (grated)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1½ cups pitted Plums (chopped)
- For Topping:
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Pecans (chopped)
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- Grease 2 8x4x2 inch loaf pans.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg and lemon peel. Mix well.
- Take another bowl and mix flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture alternating with buttermilk.
- Add plums and mix the batter well.
- Divide the batter in the two greased pans.
- Mix together sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- Bake the cake at 350 °F for about 60 to 70 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to wire racks. Cool completely before serving.