Plum Custard Kuchen
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 2½ cups Plums (pitted and sliced)
- For Topping:
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Combine together flour, white sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add butter and mix to form coarse crumbs.
- Add heavy cream and egg.
- Press the mixture into an ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Arrange the plums on the top of the mixture.
- Bake the mixture for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix heavy cream, white sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl. Beat the ingredients well.
- Pour the mixture over the plums and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes till the custard has set.
- Remove and serve warm or cool in the refrigerator.