Sweet Pork With Beets
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup long-grain White Rice (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh Ginger Root (minced)
- 1 1/2 pounds Pork Tenderloin (cut into thin 1 1/2 inch strips)
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Beet Juice
- 8.25 oz Beets (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- Boil the water in a saucepan and add the rice. Simmer for 20 minutes in reduced heat.
- In a skillet heat the oil and stir the garlic and ginger for about 1 minute.
- Add the pork, oyster sauce, and salt and stir. Cook for 10 minutes until the pork is browned.
- Add the beet juice, beets and sugar. Stir thoroughly to mix.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the beets are tender.
- Serve the pork with the cooked rice.