Vegetarian Chili Slow Cooker Style
- 1 small (or half large) Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2-3 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 medium-large Sweet Potato or Yam (diced)
- 2 Carrots (chopped)
- 1 Bell Pepper (any color) (chopped)
- 1 small Zucchini or Summer Squash (diced)
- 1 can Peaches and Cream Corn
- 1 can Chili Style Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can Chickpeas (or black beans/ mixed beans/kidney beans/white beans)
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Bottled Salsa
- 1 diced Jalepano or 1 tsp dried Red Chily or Hot Pepper
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Cup Vegetable Broth or Water
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (chopped)
- In a rice cooker add the onions and garlic with a bit of water, broth or juice from canned ingredients.
- Allow the cooker to heat up and allow it to simmer on low heat until onions start to soften.
- Add celery, carrots, and sweet potato.
- If you find it dry add a bit more liquid.
- Now add zucchini, corn, beans, tomatoes and salsa, pepper, spices and salt.
- Combine thoroughly brown rice and broth or water.
- Cover cook it until rice cooker shuts off or rice is tender (approximately 45 min-1 hr).
- Remove it from heat now.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve hot.