Oyster Macaroni and Cheese
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1½ cups Seashell Pasta
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 (10 oz) jar Oysters (drained and cut into thirds)
- 1 tsp Salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded sharp)
- Water (as required)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Pour enough water to cook seashell pasta in a saucepan and boil it.
- Add the pasta to the water and cook for about 7 minutes till it turns tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and heat vegetable oil.
- Add green bell pepper and green onion. Sauté and cook till tender.
- Add cheese soup, salt and mustard. Stir well.
- Add pasta and oysters. Mix well.
- Place half the oyster mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Spread half of the Cheddar cheese.
- Add the remaining oyster mixture and cheese.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake the preparation for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for additional 20 minutes till it is hot and bubbly.