Cinnamon-Spiced Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large Sweet Potato (peeled and cut into thick sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups White Sugar
- 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 4 tsp Butter
- Take 3/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract into a gallon size reseal able plastic bag.
- Seal the bag and shake to blend the sugar mixture.
- Add to this mixture the sweet potato sticks and seal the bag.
- Turn evenly to coat the potatoes with the sugar mixture.
- Pour in the canola oil into a deep fryer and heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add the sweet potatoes, and cook until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes on paper towels, and then place on a serving plate.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, and butter into a pan. Warm over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Drizzle this over the sweet potatoes.