|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 cups Wild Rice
- ½ pound Pork Sausage
- 1 bunch Green Onions (chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 pint unopened, fresh, live medium Oysters
- 3 tbsp fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (ground, to taste)
- 2 pinches of Paprika
- Water (as required)
- Open the oysters and cut them into quarters. Reserve the oyster liquid.
- Boil water along with salt, to taste.
- Add wild rice and cook for about 40 minutes till they are tender.
- Drain the rice and transfer to a shallow pan.
- Bake the rice in the oven at 275 °F (135 °C) for a few minutes to dry out the water.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and sauté pork sausage.
- Remove the sausage and keep aside. Reserve a few tbsp of the grease and discard the remaining.
- Fry green onions and celery in the sausage grease.
- Add the reserved oyster juice and mix well.
- Add oysters and cook for 7 to 10 minutes till the oysters start curling on the edges.
- Drain the mixture in a colander.
- Combine together oyster mixture, rice and sausage.
- Add parsley, black pepper and paprika. Mix well.
- Bake the preparation at 350 °F (175 °C) for few minutes till the mixture is heated well.