- 250 g Lotus Roots (chopped in circles)
- 1 kg Spinach (washed and shredded)
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil
- ½ tbsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Cloves
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ½ tbsp Aniseed Powder
- ½ cup Curd
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 3 Green Chilies (chopped)
- ¾ cup Green Coriander (chopped)
- First clean the lotus stems fully and wash it with lots of water, to remove dirt.
- Now fry the lotus stems after they have dried up in the mustard oil. Keep them aside.
- Put in the add cumin, asafoetida and cloves in the same oil.
- After a minute add turmeric, red chili powder with a spoon of water.
- Add spinach now and fry it for 3 minutes.
- Put lotus stems and curd. Stir and fry for another minute. Add a cup of water after that.
- Cook for 10 minutes and keep turning in between.
- Now add garam masala and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Garnish it with coriander and chilies.