Caramelized Tomato Salad With Cheese
- 2 fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 1/3 cup Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 16 toasted Baguette Slices
- 2 cups Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 pounds Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 8 oz Cheese
- 8 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 Fresh Chervil Sprigs
- Pour oil on preheated oven, toss in tomatoes, sugar and thyme in a baking dish. Pan fry for half an hour approximately. Allow the tomatoes to cool in oil. This can be prepared 2 days before and stored covered in refrigerator.
- Spoon the content to a large bowl. Remove (about 1 cup) oil from tomatoes to a small bowl. Now add vinegar to oil in bowl and blend it. Garnish it with salt and pepper.
- Mix chopped tomatoes and cheese to the bowl; add caramelize tomatoes; Toss green onions and chervil. Serve it with toasts.