- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Cold water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Baked Pastry shell
- 1/4 Cup Evaporated milk
- Mix flour, dark brown sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Stir in egg yolks and cold water.
- Beat to make a smooth paste.
- Stir in the boiling water slowly.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until thick.
- Stir in evaporated milk, butter and vanilla.
- Arrange banana slices in the cooled pastry shell.
- Cool and pour the mixture of evaporated milk, butter and vanilla into pastry shell.
- Top the pie with whipped cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hrs until the pie is set.
- Banana Pie is ready to serve.