Matar Ki Kheer
- 1 cup Green Peas (shelled and boiled)
- 1 1/4 l Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 20-25 Raisins (soaked and dried)
- 20-25 Pistachios (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- Take the boiled peas and grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, add the green peas paste and cook for some time, stirring continuously to avoid the paste sticking to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In another pan, bring the milk to boil and add the peas paste to it. Cook for 15 minutes till the milk is reduced to half.
- Add sugar, green cardamom powder, raisins and sliced pistachio nuts to it and cook for some more time, stirring gently all the while.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool. Refrigerate.
- Serve chilled garnished with almonds and pistachios.