Lebanese Lentil Soup
- 1 cup Lentils
- 1/2 Onion (minced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (mashed with salt)
- 1 Swiss Chard (small bunch)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 Lemons (juice)
- Rinse and sort the lentils.
- Take a pot and heat olive oil. Fry onions and garlic until they are soft.
- Add lentils in half a quarter of water and bring it to boil. Simmer the lentils until they are just done. You want them to be whole and firm.
- Chop the chard into bite size pieces and toss it in the lentils. Cook them for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat, squeeze the lime juice and pepper powder.
- The consistency of the soup should be a lemony broth, with whole lentils, and Swiss chard floating in.