Creamy Kohlrabi Soup
- 1 lb Kohlrabi bulbs (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Black Pepper(ground)
- Salt to taste
- Take a large pan and melt butter. Add onions and cook gently until soft, about 10 minutes. Add kohlrabi and cook 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, milk and bay leaf to pan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes or until kohlrabi is soft. Let cool a few minutes and remove bay leaf.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth. Strain the soup through a fine sieve. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
- Serve it with variety of breads.