- For the Base:
- 9 Indian Eggplants
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
For the Meat:
- 40 gm Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1/4 cup Parsley (freshly chopped)
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Béchamel sauce:
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 3 cups Warmed Milk
- 3 Eggs
- Place the potato and eggplant slices on an oil pan.
- Put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Flip the eggplant and potatoes and cook the other side for another 10 minutes.
- Once eggplant is ready, remove from the pan and let them dry on paper towel.
- Now to prepare the meat, take a large skillet and heat it on high flame.
- Add olive oil, beef, onion, and garlic.
- Next add salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Once the meat has browned add the tomato juice.
- Let the meat cook until all the juice is gone.
- Be sure to stir the meat continuously. Once the meat has cooked, set aside.
- Now to prepare the sauce, heat the butter in a medium pot.
- Mix in the flour and then add 3 cups of milk to the mixture.
- Stir continuously as the mixture begins to thicken.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, it will thicken.
- Once the sauce has begun to thicken, remove it from the heat.
- Now preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
- Place the potato slices on the bottom of a gresed pan.
- Layer the pan with half of th e sliced eggplants.
- Next, spread about half of the shredded mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Next, add the cooked ground beef. Spread the mixture evenly onto the cheese.
- Place the remaining slices of eggplant over the meat.
- Spread the remainder of the mozzarella cheese on top of the eggplant.
- Before adding sauce to the moussaka, fold in 3 beaten eggs into the sauce.
- Once the eggs are mixed in, pour the sauce evenly over the moussaka.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and about half a cup of breadcrumbs over the moussaka.
- Cook at 325 degrees for 1 hour and enjoy.