Parwal Ki Mithai
- 250 g Pointed Gourds (Parwal) (peeled, slit and seeded)
- 1 cup Dried Whole Milk (Khoya)
- 2 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Soda Bicarbonate
- A few strands of Saffron (Kesar)
- 10 Almonds (chopped)
- 10 Pistachios (chopped)
- Silver Warq to decorate
- In a pan, take one cup water and sugar and cook to make sugar syrup.
- In another pan, take the khoya and cook it till soft. Add sugar and green caradamom powder to it and cook again.
- Remove from heat and add milk powder, almonds and pistachios to it and mix well.
- Shift the contents onto a plate and allow it to cool.
- In a shallow bottomed pan, boil water with a pinch of soda bicarbonate and add parwals to it and boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain the parwals and dun them in the sugar syrup and cool till done. Drain and allow to cool.
- Stuff the slit parwals with the khoya stuffing and add a few saffron strands and wrap it with a silver warq.
- Serve cold.