- 2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Ghee
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 - 6 strands Saffron (Kesar)
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 10 Almonds (blanched and slivered)
- 10 Pistachios (blanched and slivered)
- In a bowl, take gram flour, milk and three tablespoon of ghee and mix well. Cover and keep aside for two hours.
- Now gently rub the mixture to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Grease a thali.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the remaining ghee and cook the gramflour mixture, till brown and gives out a nice aroma.
- Add green cardamom powder to the gramflour mixture and cook.
- In another pan, take two cups of water and sugar and cook till it gives out a one-stringed consistency. Add saffron and mix.
- Add the sugar syrup to the gram flour mixture and cook till the syrup is absorbed and the mixture gets thick and dry.
- Grease a thali and spread out the mixture evenly on it.
- Add pistachios and set aside to cool.
- Cut into squares.