Thai Egg Drop Soup
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 cups Chicken broth (low sodium)
- 4 oz Pad Thai Noodles (broken into 3" pieces)
- 11/2 cups Chicken (cooked, shredded)
- 11/2 cups Water (cold)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 11/2 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 Scallions (thinly sliced, optional)
- Add the chicken broth, 11/2 cups water, soy sauce, garlic cloves, and ground ginger to large pot or deep bottomed vessel.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Simmer it for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Remove garlic cloves. Stir in rice noodles to stockpot. Simmer until noodles are just soft.
- Take a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Whip to combine.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into in the broth. Simmer until soup thickens.
- While stirring the soup, gradually pour eggs into soup in slow steady stream.
- Mix in shredded chicken.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.