|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 large Eggplant (peeled and sliced into 1/3-inch rounds)
- 1 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water
- 3 large Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 2 Onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1¼ cups Sour Cream
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Paprika (to taste)
- Mix together lemon juice and water in a medium bowl.
- Soak the eggplant slices in lemon water.
- Pour water along with salt in a saucepan. Boil it.
- Drain and rinse the eggplant slices. Place them in the boiling water.
- Cook the eggplant slices till they turn tender for about 8 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish lightly.
- Place the eggplant slices, tomatoes and onion in the dish. Sprinkle each layer with flour while layering the vegetables.
- Mix together sour cream, garlic, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread the mixture over the layered vegetables.
- Sprinkle paprika generously.
- Bake the preparation for 45 minutes till the top browned and a bubbly sauce is created.