- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- A pinch of Salt
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter (cubed at room temperature)
- 3 medium Apples (peeled, cored, cut into 1" x ½" slices)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Flour (for greasing)
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Combine together flour, ¾ cup brown sugar and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut the butter into the mixture. Mix to form a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup brown sugar on the apples and mix gently.
- Grease a shallow 8-inch ovenproof dish with flour.
- Place the apple mixture on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Top with cinnamon.
- Bake the mixture at 350 °F for 45 minutes till the top has turned brown and the fruit mixture starts bubbling.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.