Thai Pumpkin Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 4 Shallots (chopped)
- 2 small fresh Red Chili Peppers (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Grass (chopped)
- 2 1/8 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 cups Pumpkin (peeled and diced)
- 1½ cups unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 bunch fresh Basil Leaves
- Place a medium saucepan on low heat and heat vegetable oil and butter.
- Add garlic, shallots, red chili peppers and lemon grass. Stir and cook till you can smell the fragrance.
- Add in chicken stock, coconut milk and pumpkin. Boil the mixture and cook till pumpkin softens.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and puree it to a smooth consistency.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve hot.