- 2 cups Whole-Wheat Flour
- 20 ml Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 50 g Butter or Margarine
- 30 ml Apple (grated)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 150 ml Milk
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Rub in the butter or margarine.
- Now stir in the apple.
- Slowly mix in enough of the egg and milk to make soft dough.
- With a rolling pin roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 5 cm thick.
- Cut into circles with a biscuit cutter.
- Place the scones on a greased baking sheet and brush with any remaining egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.