Swedish Rye Cookies
|Calories Per Serving:
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Rye Flour
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Combine together butter and white sugar. Mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add rye flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add water, as required, to form soft dough.
- Roll the dough on a floured board into thin bread.
- Cut into 2½ inch roundels using a cutter or floured glass.
- Cut a small hole in the center of each cookie with a thimble.
- Bake the cookies till they turn slightly brown.
- Remove and cool them completely.
- Hang the cookies on the tree using ribbon or yarn.