Walnut Pineapple Raita
- 1 cup fresh Pineapple (chopped)
- ½ cup Walnut Kernels (roughly crushed)
- 1 cup fresh Curd (hung for 1 hour in muslin cloth)
- ½ cup Fresh Cream
- 1 Green Chili (finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 tbsp Sugar (powdered)
- 1 tbsp Sugar Granules
- 2-3 pinches Black Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat pineapple with sugar granules in a pan over medium heat.
- Keep stirring it frequently.
- When the pineapple softens and there is enough water given out, take it off the fire.
- Drain it, cool and keep aside the liquid and residue till required.
- Now remove the hung curd into a large glass bowl.
- And add fresh cream and the drained pineapple juice.
- Beat it with hand or an electric whipper.
- When it becomes smooth, add powdered sugar, pepper, salt, black salt.
- Add green chili and mix it well.
- Add pineapple pieces and walnuts.
- Fold in gently.
- Chill for at least 2-3 hours before serving.