Swedish Butter Cookies
- 8 Eggs
- 2 cups salted Butter (softened)
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1¼ tsp Almond Extract
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Water (as required)
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and pour enough water to cover them.
- Cover the saucepan boil the water over high heat.
- Remove from heat and let the eggs stand in the water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and rinse under cold running water.
- Peel the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Sieve or finely grate the yolks.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and white sugar in large bowl. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer till it turns smooth.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Add in the flour and mix till well blended.
- Use a spritz style cookie maker and press the cookies onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes till the edges turn brown.