Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1½ cups whole-wheat Pastry Flour
- ½ cup multigrain Hot Cereal (uncooked)
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- ¾ cup Pumpkin (pureed)
- ¾ cup plain Yogurt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Pecans (finely chopped)
- Oil (for cooking)
- Mix together pastry flour, hot cereal and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, yogurt, vanilla extract, white sugar and salt to the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture. Fold gently. Avoid over mixing the batter.
- Add in pecans and mix lightly.
- Place a griddle or frying pan on medium-high heat and heat lightly oil it.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the griddle and spread it evenly.
- Cook till the edges of the pancake starts drying and a bubble popping up near the edge holds its shape.
- Flip the pancake and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Stack the pancakes one over the other and keep warm until serving.