Norwegian Christmas Cabbage
|Calories Per Serving:
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 large head Cabbage (cored and shredded)
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Caraway Seed
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup White Vinegar (or to taste)
- ½ cup White Sugar (or to taste)
- Water (as required)
- Place two slice of bacon on the bottom of a large pot.
- Cover the slices with a layer of cabbage.
- Sprinkle flour and a pinch of caraway seed.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Repeat this layering of bacon, cabbage and flour till you are done with the ingredients.
- Pour water in the pot to fill ¾ of the pot.
- Boil the mixture and cook for 45 minutes till the cabbage turns soft, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from fire and cool slightly.
- Add white vinegar and white sugar.
- While adding sugar, make sure that there is a perfect balance between the sweet and the sour taste of the preparation.