Norwegian Hazelnut Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
- ¾ cup Hazelnuts
- ½ cup Butter
- 1½ cups White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan lightly.
- Blend the hazelnuts in a food processor until coarsely ground, reserving 8 whole nuts for garnishing.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of ground hazelnuts to use as a garnish.
- Transfer butter to a small saucepan and melt it over low heat. Remove and cool.
- Combine eggs, white sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat the mixture till it becomes thick and lemon colored, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and ground nuts. Mix well.
- Beat the mixture while adding the cooled melted butter gradually. Mix till well blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and transfer onto a serving plate.
- Cover the cake with a cloth towel and allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat whipping cream in a medium saucepan until just boiling.
- Remove from heat and mix in chocolate chips. Stir to melt the chips and smooth out the mixture.
- Add in ½ tsp vanilla extract and stir well.
- Spread the cream mixture over the cooled cake, allowing it to run down to the sides.
- Sprinkle the reserved ground nuts around the top edge of the glaze.
- Arrange whole hazelnuts over the ground nuts.