|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 7/8 ounces fresh Yeast
- 1 1/3 cups Porter
- 1 cup Dark Beer
- 1 7/8 ounces Butter
- ¼ cup Rapeseed Oil
- ½ cup Molasses
- ½ tbsp bitter Orange Peel (ground)
- 1½ tbsp Ginger (ground)
- 1 tbsp Cloves (ground)
- ½ tbsp Cardamom (ground)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 5 2/3 cups Flour (rye and wheat)
- 1 1/3 cups Raisins
- Combine porter, beer, rapeseed oil and molasses in a large bowl.
- Add yeast and stir to dissolve it.
- Place a small saucepan on heat and melt butter.
- Add orange peel, ginger, cloves, cardamom and salt. Mix well.
- Remove and cool it to lukewarm.
- Add the butter mixture to the yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Add raisins and flour to the yeast mixture. Mix to form soft and elastic dough.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and allow it to rise until it has doubled its size.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Divide the dough into 2 loaves.
- Place the loaves in an oven pan and let them rise for another 1 hour.
- Bake the loaves for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 °F (150 °C) and bake for another 35 minutes.
- Remove the bread loaves and cool on a wire rack under a clean cloth.