Swedish Hard Tack
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Combine together flour, white sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Add butter and mix well till the mixture turns sandy.
- Add buttermilk and stir to form smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Roll it out to measure 1/8-inch in thickness.
- Cut the rolled dough into 4-inch squares.
- Further, cut each square diagonally to form triangles.
- Prick each triangle with a fork.
- Place the triangles on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake the triangles for 10 minutes till they are dried and lightly browned.