- 1 cup broken wheat
- 1 tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 2-1/2 cups Water
- 2 Almonds (blanched)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the broken wheat.
- Stir fry on a high flame till it turns brown.
- Add warm water and cook on a medium flame till the water has evaporated.
- Add water if the wheat is not tender enough.
- Once the water is evaporated , add the ghee, sugar and 1/2 cup water; Stir.
- Cook on a medium flame for fifteen minutes.
- The Lapsi is considered ready when the ghee starts comes out from the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot garnished with blanched almonds.