- 1 cup light Corn syrup
- 2 tbsp dark Corn syrup
- 2 large Oranges
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Orange extract
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 pint Vodka
- Take off the peel from each orange in a spiral way, producing a 1-inch-wide strip; try to get mostly the orange zest and leave most of the white membrane on the fruit.
- Put the peels in a saucepan with the 1 cup water plus the corn syrups and sugar.
- Bring it to boil and stir it for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the extracts.
- Let it cool completely and add vodka.
- Pour into a jar or a bottle with a tight fitting lid and let it stand for 2-3 weeks.