- 10-12 Whole Peppercorns
- 1/4 cup Yogurt/Curd (slightly beaten)
- 1-2 green Chillies (thinly sliced)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Fruit Salt
- 1 pinch Roasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper (powdered)
- 1 pinch Chilli Powder
- 1&1/2 cups medium Grained Rice
- 1/2 cup Split Black Gram (urad dal)
- Soak black gram and rice atleast for 6-7 hours.
- Drain the rice and grind it until paste.
- Spoon it into a large bowl.
- Now grind black gram and add water if required.
- Scoop it into the same bowl with rice batter.
- Mix yogurt/curd, peppercorns, salt and stir well.
- Ferment the content overnight.
- Following day, mix sliced green chillies and oil.
- Sprinkle fruit salt over the batter and add water over it.
- Once you see the bubbles, gently stir the batter well.
- Toss it with roasted seeds, powders and steam it for 10 minutes approximately.
- Allow it to cool and chop it out into pieces.
- Serve tamarind/mint chutney.