Oyster and Spinach Chowder
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 large Green Onions (sliced)
- 1 cup fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 bunch fresh Baby Spinach Leaves (rinsed and drained)
- 5 cups Milk (divided)
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 (8 ounce) cans whole Oysters
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Place a large saucepan on medium-high heat and heat olive oil.
- Add onion, green onion and mushrooms. Sauté the vegetables till they turn tender.
- Add spinach, a handful at a time and cook well to reduce it.
- Mix 2 cups of milk with flour in a small bowl. Whisk well to blend.
- Add the milk mixture to the saucepan.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of milk and chicken broth to the mixture. Stir and cook on medium heat till it has thickened.
- Add the oysters along with the Cheddar cheese. Cook the soup, stirring often, till the cheese has melted.