|Calories Per Serving:
- 1¼ cups Warm Water (110 °F/45 °C)
- 1 tbsp active Dry Yeast
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- 3 cups Raisins
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil
- Mix yeast with warm water and stir to dissolve it.
- Add white sugar and 2 cups of flour. Mix well.
- Allow the mixture to rise for about 1 hour.
- Add the remaining 2 cups flour, eggs, butter, salt, milk and raisins. Mix well.
- Let the mixture rise for another 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough into the hot oil.
- Cook the cookies till they turn brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle the cookies with granulated or powdered sugar, if desired.