- 450 gm Semisweet Chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 10 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stir until smooth.
- Sift together baking powder, flour, cocoa and salt; set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter with brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs taking one at a time, then stir in vanilla and coffee granules until well blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in melted chocolate.
- Then stir in the dry ingredients until it blends well.
- Cover, and allow it to stand for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Then, it bake it for ten minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will still be very soft because of the chocolate.
- Let the cookies cool for ten minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.