- 1 gallon Red Wine
- 8 (3 inch) Cinnamon Sticks
- 12 whole Cloves
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Lemon Juice (fresh-squeezed)
- 1 Orange (sliced into rounds)
- Transfer the red wine into a large pot and keep it on medium heat.
- Warm the wine till steam rises. Do not boil.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, lemon juice and white sugar. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Float the orange slices on the surface.
- Warm the mixture on medium heat for about 5 minutes. But do not boil it.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to stand for 1 hour.
- Pass the mixture through a colander to separate the oranges and spices.
- Serve hot or refrigerate until serving. Reheat gently before serving.